Welcome into the vortex........

anarcho-shamanism, mountain spirits; sacred wilderness, sacred sites, sacred everything; psychonautics, entheogens, pushing the envelope of consciousness; dominator culture and undermining its activities; Jung, Hillman, archetypes; Buddhism, multidimensional realities, and the ever-present satori at the centre of the brain; a few cosmic laughs; and much much more....


all delivered from the beautiful Highlands of Scotland!






Sunday 6 January 2019

Climate Change Unites the World

Jordan Peterson is an interesting guy. By 'interesting', I mean somebody who is thought-provoking and who is not afraid to speak his or her mind, especially in the face of massive opposition. Somebody who I will agree with sometimes, disagree with sometimes, and say 'I don't know' probably most frequently of all. By the way, I think Jordan could do with a bit of yoga, judging from his posture in the clip below.

I have known about Jordan Peterson for a while, initially through his famous 'gender-free language' stance in Canada; a reader of this blog put me onto this - you know who you are, thanks! My reading and 'researching' has generally been limited to the real personal essentials for the past year or two, however, so I have not paid him too much attention. I am just dipping into a few bits and pieces at the moment.

My few brief encounters with Jordan Peterson have been enough to effect a considerable change in my being. Jordan has rekindled my faith in the power, the possibility, even, of thinking. I had pretty much given up on 'thought'. Almost all of what is presented as 'thought' is in fact no such thing. It is received opinion, which is adopted by people because it aligns with their own personal biases or wishful hopes. Human beings too readily identify with their thoughts (read 'the words that unconsciously constellate in their minds'), while relegating the other aspects of being - feeling, intuition, sensation, if we follow Jung's system (which we don't have to) - to an inferior position unworthy of proper humans. Just check out pretty much any mainstream source, and it's all derivative crap. No proper thinking at all. Which suits the mainstream just fine: keep it stupid, keep it stupid.

So listening to Jordan Peterson for a minute or two has been personally revelatory. Not, to repeat, that I will necessarily agree with everything he says. But here is a man who knows how to think! It is marvellous, miraculous! So thank you for that alone, Mr Peterson.

This is Jordan Peterson speaking to folk at the Cambridge Union, pretty recently, I believe. On that subject close to all our hearts, climate change....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBbvehbomrY